Mentorship Program – Mentor Application
The purpose of the Invest in Girls Mentorship Program is to match women working in the financial services industry to girls interested in careers in finance.
Requirements for Mentors:
- Two meetings a month (a one-on-one meeting with your Mentee and a meeting with the full group of Mentors and Mentees)
- Respond to all emails from IIG program staff
- Fill out a form after each monthly discussion
- Host a “Mentee for the Day” at your place of employment
- Write a professional reference for your Mentee at the end of the program
As a Mentor, you will share:
- How you became interested in financial services
- You course of study in college/graduate school
- Your early career experiences
- Advice on building a network
- Advice on applying for internships and jobs
Info on professional etiquette in the field
- Opportunities available in the field
You will have a short phone call scheduled in the summer of 2023 in order to learn more about you and your interest in the program. Matches will be completed by the end of summer after we have received all applications from Mentors and Mentees.
The Mentors will be selected according to responses to the questionnaire, credentials, and program needs. There is no guarantee that all who apply will be chosen as a Mentor. If you are chosen as a mentor, you will be asked to complete a background check electronically.
Thank you for your interest in the program!